09XC = Omnizone™ Remote Air-Cooled Condenser
12 = 10 Ton / Unit Size - Nominal Tons
A = No Condenser Filter, No Low Ambient Option, Low ESP
F = 2 Hp Motor / Condenser Motor Hp Option
6 = 460-3-60 / Voltage
A = Standard Controls
1 = Design Revision
The 09XC air-cooled condenser units for remote applications offer:
- 6 convenient sizes
- optimum performance in all types of building applications
- high static, efficient belt drive condenser fans
- small footprint to allow for installation in tight spaces indoors
- ducted or free blow units, for greater application flexibility
Carrier’s 09XC units are remote aircooled condensers with centrifugal condenser fans for high static condenser airflow applications. These units are available in nominal heat rejection capacities of 5, 7 1/2, 10, 12, 15, and 20 tons. Units are designed for vertical installation with horizontal airflow. Inlet and discharge are on the same face of the unit. Units can only be mounted indoors. Belt drive centrifugal condenser fan provides high-static capability for air inlet and discharge through louvers and extended duct runs.
The specially designed liquid refrigerant circuit provides subcooling for increased capacity without additional power consumption. Subcooling liquid refrigerant also expands condenser applications by permitting installation below the evaporator, without subjecting the refrigerant to flashing before the expansion valve.
The unit can be placed where no other option would work because of high-static capability. Unit may be mounted indoors with duct runs, or mounted at the wall with a louver.
Mount the unit at a distance from an outside wall and duct the condenser air; due to the high static belt drive motor, static pressure losses as high as 1 in. wg may be overcome.
High quality paint process allows the unit to meet 500-hour salt spray requirements for a weather resistant cabinet that will hold up year after year.
Unit should be matched with a Carrier 50XCR unit to meet a wide range of application requirements.
Low voltage 24-v control contactor is provided in the unit control box. This results in cost savings for running control power from the compressor unit to the condenser.
Ease of service
Quick removal access panels on both sides of the unit allow for all service through the side of the unit, with easy access to controls and motor.
Belt drive motors slide on motor mounting rails for easy adjustment and replacement.
Permanently lubricated fan and motor bearings provide maximum reliability with minimal routine service.
Dependable and safe operation
Units are ETL (Engineering Testing Laboratory) listed to UL standard 1995 for safe operation and are UL listed for U.S.A. and Canada.
The management system governing the manufacture of this product is ISO 9001:2015 certified.
Special features for outstanding performance
- Space saver slab type condenser coils use Carrier’s advanced heat transfer technology and provide peak heat transfer efficiency with large coil face area. Fins are mechanically bonded to nonferrous, seamless tubing for efficient leak free operation.
- Large volumes of outdoor air are moved quietly. Specially designed fan section provides superior airhandling capability at high efficiency and low sound.
- Convenient access electrical control center contains all factory pre-wired control devices.
- The weatherproof cabinets are constructed of galvanized steel and painted with Powercoat Paint System, capable of withstanding Federal Test Method Standard No. 141 (Method 6061) 500-Hour Salt Spray Test.
- The 09XC units all carry a standard limited one-year warranty on all parts.
- All motors are protected against thermal overload, and three-phase motors are protected against singlephasing conditions.
- Units are fully factory run-tested.
|Weight||732 Pounds (lbs)|
|Width||68 Inches (In)|
|Height||54.5 Inches (In)|
|Country of Origin||MEX|
|Length||31.2 Inches (In)|
|Circuit Breaker - Max Amps||15|
|Circuit Breaker - Min Amps||3.6|
|Condenser Motor HP||2 HP|
|Condenser Motor RPM||500-979|
|Energy Star Rated||No|
|Fins per Inch||16|
|Full Load Amps||2.9|
|Liquid Line Fitting||Sweat or Braze|
|Liquid Line Size (OD)||5/8"|
|Suction Line Fitting||Sweat or Braze|
|Suction Line Size (OD)||7/8"|