= Electric Heat Packaged Rooftop / Unit Heat TypeTC
= Standard Efficiency / Model Series - WeatherMaker®-
= No Heat / Heat SizeM
= Single Circuit, Two Stage Cooling Models / Refrig. Systems Options09
= 8.5 Tons / Cooling TonsA
= None / Sensor Options2
= Belt Drive, Medium Static Option / Indoor Fan OptionsB
= Precoat Al/Cu - Al/Cu / Coil Options - RTPF (Outdoor - Indoor)5
= 208-230/3/60 / Voltage-
= Factory Design Revision / Design Revision0
= Electro-mechanical Controls can be used with W7212 EconoMi$er® IV (Non-Fault Detection and Diagnostic) / Base Unit ControlsA
= None / Intake / Exhaust Options0
= None / Service OptionsA
= None / Electrical Options0
= Standard / Packaging & Seismic Compliance* Contact your Carrier expert for additional information.
Carrier’s WeatherMaker® 6 to 15 Ton rooftop unit (RTU) was designed by customers for customers. With “nostrip” screw collars, handled access panels, and more we’ve made your unit easy to install, easy to maintain, easy to use and reliable.Easy to install:
All WeatherMaker® units are field-convertible to horizontal air flow which makes it easy to adjust to unexpected job site complications. Lighter units make easy replacement. Most Carrier 50TC rooftops fit on existing Carrier curbs dating back to 1989. Also, our large control box gives you room to work and room to mount Carrier accessory controls.Easy to maintain:
Easy access handles by Carrier provide quick and easy access to all normally serviced components. Our “no-strip” screw system has superior holding power and guides screws into position while preventing the screw from stripping the unit’s metal.Easy to use:
The newly designed, central terminal board by Carrier puts all your connections and troubleshooting points in one convenient place, standard. Most low voltage connections are made to the same board and make it easy to find what you’re looking for and easy to access it. Carrier rooftops have high and low pressure switches, a filter drier, and 2-in. (51mm) standard filters.Key features:
- Single circuit, single stage cooling model on 6 ton
- Single circuit, 2-stage cooling models are available from 7.5 to 10 ton.
- Dual circuit, 2-stage cooling stage models are available from 7.5 to 15 ton.
- EERs up to 11.3 with IEERs up to 13.0
- Staged Air Volume (SAV™) 2-speed indoor fan motor system automatically adjusts the indoor fan motor speed between cooling stages. Standard on all 50TC*D/E08-16 units for installation in the United States to meet the Department of Energy (DOE) efficiency standard of 2018. Factory option for all 50TC*D/E08-16 unit installations outside the United States. 50TC*M08/09/12 units meet the DOE 2018 efficiency standard without the SAV option.
- Standardized components and layout. Standardized components and controls make service and stocking parts easier.
- Scroll compressors on all units. This makes service, stocking parts, replacement, and troubleshooting easier.
- Field convertible airflow (6-12.5 ton). Being able to convert a unit from vertical airflow to horizontal makes it easy to overcome job site complications. A 15 ton model requires a simple supply duct cover to field convert from factory vertical to horizontal.
- Easy-adjust, belt-drive motor available. There’s no need for field supplied drives or motors.
- Provisions for bottom or side condensate drain.
- Capable of thru-the-base or thru-the-curb gas line routing.
- Single-point electrical connection.
- Internally sloped, composite drain pan sheds water; and won’t rust.
- Standardized controls and control box layout. Standardized components and controls make stocking parts and service easier.
- Clean, large, easy to use control box.
- Color-coded wiring.
- Large, laminated wiring and power wiring drawings which are affixed to unit make troubleshooting easy.
- Single, central terminal board for test and wiring connections.
- Fast-access, handled, panels for easy access to the blower and blower motor, control box, and compressors.
- “No-strip” screw system guides screws into the panel and captures them tightly without stripping the screw, the panel, or the unit.
- Exclusive, newly designed indoor refrigerant header for easier maintenance and replacement.
- Mechanical cooling 115°F to 40°F (46°C to 4°C) standard on all models. Winter Start Kit allows cooling operation down to 25°F (-4°C) and Motormaster® controller to -20°F (-29°C).
- 2-in. (51mm) disposable filters on all units.
- Refrigerant filter-drier on each circuit protected with a high and low pressure switch.
- Factory-installed Humidi-MiZer® adaptive dehumidification system on all sizes with round tube/plate fin (RTPF) condenser coils, includes Motormaster I controller.
- Many factory-installed options ranging from air management economizers, 2 position dampers, plus convenience outlets, disconnect switches and smoke detectors.
- Standard Warranty (limited parts only): 5-year compressor, 5-year electric heater (field-installed only), 5-year Ultra Low Leak Economizers, 3-year Novation® condenser coil, 1-year Round Tube/Plate Fin (RTPF) condenser coil parts, and 1-year limited on all parts.
Warning: this product contains a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer. P65Warnings.ca.gov