= Electric Heat Packaged Rooftop / Unit Heat TypeGC
= 16 SEER Efficiency / Model Series - WeatherMaster®–
= No Heat / Heat OptionsM
= Two Stage Cooling Models / Refrig. Systems Options05
= 4 Ton / Cooling TonsA
= None / Sensor Options2
= Direct Drive - EcoBlue - Medium Static / Indoor Fan OptionsB
= Precoat Al/Cu - Al/Cu / Coil Options (RTPF) (Outdoor - Indoor)5
= 208-230/3/60 / Voltage–
= Factory Design Revision / Design Revision0
= Electro-mechanical controls - can be used with field-installed W7212 EconoMi$er® IV Fault Detection and Diagnostic)A
= None / Intake / Exhaust Options0
= None / Service OptionsA
= None / Electrical Options0
= Standard / Factory AssignedThe New Carrier WeatherMaster® rooftop units (RTU) with EcoBlue™ Technology were designed by customers for customers and integrate new technology to provide value added benefits never seen in this type of equipment before.New major design features include:
- Patent pending, Industry’s first efficient indoor fan system using Vane Axial Fan technology - with electric commutated variable speed motor.
- Reliable two stage scroll compressor on all sizes.
- Upgraded unit control board with intuitive indoor fan adjustment.
- Reliable copper tube/aluminum fin condenser coil with 5/16-in. tubing to help reduce refrigerant charge verses prior designs.
- New outdoor fan system with rugged - lightweight high impact composite fan blade
48/50GC WeatherMaster® units up to 5 tons are specifically designed to fit on Carrier roof curbs that were installed back to 1989, which makes replacement easy and eliminates the need for curb adapters or changing utility connections.
Two stage cooling capacity control delivers SEERs up 16.0. All models are capable of either vertical or horizontal airflow.
The Carrier rooftop unit (RTU) was designed by customers for customers. With “no-strip” screw collars, handled access panels, and more the unit is easy to install, easy to maintain, and easy to use. Your new 3 to 5 ton WeatherMaster Carrier rooftop unit (RTU) provides optimum comfort and control from a packaged rooftop.Value-added features include:
- Optional Humidi-MiZer® adaptive dehumidification system for improved part load humidity performance
- Puron® refrigerant (R-410A)
- Single point gas and electrical connections
- Optional fully integrated SystemVu™ controls
- RTU Open controller for BACnet1, LonWorks2, Modbus3 and Johnson Controls N2
- Optional fully insulated cabinet with optional foil faced insulation
- TXV refrigerant metering system
- Scroll compressors with internal line-break overload protection
All WeatherMaster units are field-convertible to horizontal airflow, which makes it easy to adjust to unexpected job-site complications. Lighter units make for easy replace. Simple, fast plug-in connections to the standard integrated unit control board (UCB).
Clearly labeled connections points toreduce installation time. Also, a large control box provides room to work and room to mount Carrier accessory controls.Easy to maintain
With the new Vane Axial fan and direct drive ECM motor there is no longer a need to adjust belts or pulleys as in past designs. This frees up maintenance and installation time.
Easy access handles by Carrier provide quick and easy access to all normally serviced components. Our “no-strip”system has superior holdingand guides screws into position while preventing the screw from stripping the unit’s metal.
Sloped, corrosion resistant composite drain pan sheds water; and won’t rust.
On 48GC units the Carrier designed naturally draining heat exchanger, unlike positive pressure heat exchangers, does not need to be periodically, manually drained. This saves labor and maintenance expense.Easy to use
The newly re-designed Unit Control Board by Carrier puts all connections and troubleshooting points in one convenient place. Most low voltage connections are made to the same board and make it easy to access it. Setting up the fan is simple by an intuitive switch and rotary dial arrangement. Carrier rooftops have high and low pressure switches, a filter drier, and 2-in. filters standard.
Warning: this product contains a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer. P65Warnings.ca.gov